As you doze off at the end of a tiring day, it is expected that you will undo your fatigue by slipping into a sound siesta while your body prepares to take on the next day afresh. But the incessant sawing of logs not only can create disruptions in your sleep but can also make it impossible for your partner to sleep.
However, that is not the only problem associated with snoring. The loud snoring sound is said to be the body’s alarm to let you know that something is wrong with you.
In fact, snoring is one of the most prominent indicators of sleep apnea. It is a kind of ailment in which your breathing becomes shallow and can even stop during the sleep.
So even though you can use earplugs to evade the regular bull-dozing, your body cannot escape the deadly consequences.
Here are some of the most significant things that your snoring says about you. Just take a look.
- Stroke – If you snore like a bull-dozer or a stock car engine, then it is important to dig out the reason for such a condition to develop. Researchers are of the opinion that the build-up of plaque in the arteries can lead to the development of heavy snoring as well as stroke. Moreover, snorers also carry more weight than the sound sleepers and this obesity also raises the chances of being hit by a stroke massively.
- Memory Problems – Studies have brought forth a link between heavy breathing and cognitive decline. It is believed that disturbances in the sleep can mess with sleep for developing the common age-related brain issues.
- Obesity – As said earlier, the heavy sniffing and snorting at night that is sufficiently heavy to disturb the sleep can also contribute to the weight gain. Two of the hormones of the body, ghrelin and leptin, that are responsible for controlling food cravings and appetite are disrupted when you don’t sleep soundly. Very heavy snoring disrupts the sleep which leads to a number of metabolic issues according to research.
- Cancer – Cancer is often related to heavy sporadic snoring. Studies have revealed that you are about 5 times more likely to die because of cancer if you are a heavy snorer. The breathing problems pace up the growth of tumours besides giving them ample opportunities to spread.
- Heart Disease – It is not a hidden fact that snoring is a significant indicator of sleep apnea. Now, habitual snoring together with daytime sleepiness puts you at a greater risk of developing heart ailment. Though everyone who snores does not have sleep apnea but if you feel tired the next day then t is likely that you have it. This is simply because of the fact that sleep apnea prevents you from a deep sleep. If this is what you are going through, then it is time you see a good sleep specialist to gauge your exhaustion level that can play a major role in developing heart ailment. The prescription can include a simple fix like dropping a few pounds or avoiding alcohol prior to going to bed.
- Blood Pressure Problems – Almost 70 percent of the patients who suffer from an enormous kind of hypertension also suffer from sleep apnea. Naturally, as snoring is one of the significant signs of sleep apnea, snoring can also signify a high blood pressure.
Apart from the above, snorers are also prone to depression and they can also underperform in bed. So if you are a snorer immediately opt for snoring treatments after consultation with a reputed sleep doctor near you so that you can prevent these grave conditions from developing further and affecting your life in an adverse manner.