Air conditions have been a boon in today’s time where the global temperature rise is at peak. Air conditioners are a technique to cool the interiors and keep the heat at bay. An AC can be chosen based on the size of the room. Since it is an electronic item, you must buy the one that is best in terms of durability, price, and performance. Like every other electronic device, it also requires time to time maintenance for optimal performance. So if you want your home to be refreshed, cool and clear all the time it is best to install an air conditioning unit. But if you don’t own an AC then you must follow a buying guide to purchase one.
Air conditioner buying guide
You must know how to choose the perfect AC for your home. The following are the tips you can follow for the same.
- Type-Choose the type of AC you want i.e. a window AC or split AC. Window air conditioners are best for small homes or rooms. They are even simpler to install in comparison to split ACs. Some models come with inbuilt heaters that can keep you warm during winters. Split AC is suitable for bigger rooms. They need proper installation and don’t need room to have a window. They can be installed on any wall.
- The capacity-next thing to judge is whether the AC is capable enough to cool the entire room. For a 9×10 ft. room, 1-ton ac is enough, for a 10×15 ft. 1.5-ton ac is enough and for a 10×20 ft. room, 2-ton ac is enough. However along with these, you might also need to consider other factors like the height of the rooms, the number of windows and more.
- Power consumption-If you want it to be budget-friendly, then this is an important thing to consider. The best case is the device with 5-star ratings and the worst case is the device with 1-star rating. The lesser the stars, the more is the power consumption.
- Invertor AC-If you want the device to be a little advanced, you can go with the inverter AC which gives you consistent cooling, produces lesser noise, cools the room quickly and more.
- Features-Check if your AC can eliminate dust particles, can cool the coil and more.
It will be wiser on your part if you consider all the factors and buy the best one for your home. Take time to decide what suits your home the best. Choose the best products for you.