FSSAI stands for the Food Standard and Safety Authorization. They are the one who is in charge of the management and control of nourishment security. The FSSAI license which is also known as the food license is mandatory for all the Food Business Operators. A common misconception that can be heard is to acquire an FSSAI or food license, and one need to hire an agent. The FSSAI manages and control the food and nourishment based on scientific norms and manages the stockpiling, fabrication, dealing, importation and the dissemination of the food to make sure that quality food and nourishment is being served to the 130 crore people of the nation. The experts at the FSSAI make sure the customers get proper solid nourishment that is clean while adhering to all the other concerns. In India, there are three different types of food license available which are:
- State license
- Basic Registration
- Central License
These three licenses are issued based on the type of business and its operational capacity.
The FSSAI registration stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and is mandatory for all the people who are planning to start any food business. Each of the dealers, producers, eateries who are related to the food business must acquire the fourteen digit registrationswhich must embark on the nourishment bundles.
The FSSAI registration is mandatory for all kind of food business administration. A business will be considered eligible if it:
- Delivers or offers any article of sustenance himself or an insignificant retailer, dealer, vagrant trader or short-lived lull holder; or
- Appropriates nourishments joining into any religious or get-together except for a cook; or
- Various sustenance associations including the small scale, lodge or such unique endeavors relating to sustenance business or unobtrusive sustenance associations with a yearly turnover not outperforming Rs 12 lakhs and whose:
- Generation point of confinement of sustenance (other than channel and channel things and meat and meat things) does not outperform 100 kg/ltr consistently or
- Obtainment or managing and assembling a channel is up to 500 liters of a channel for consistently or
- Butchering limit is two tremendous animals or 10 little animals or 50 poultry flying animals for every day or less.
The food business owner needs to acquire the FSSAI license by presenting an application for registration which is the Form A. The application must be filled up with all the necessary information which is being asked in the FORM along with a photograph of the candidate under whose name the food business is registered. The form must be displayed in the place of the food business.
There is a criteria that one needs to fulfil to acquire an FSSAI registration. Even though each and every FBO needs to have the FSSAI license, but there are some criteria which exclude people from acquiring a food license, such as:
- The turnover of the FBO is not more than 12 lakhs
- The management of the food retailer is negligible
- The nourishment is being offered by an individual without the involvement of any other person
- The deal of nourishment is being executed by a slowdown holder
How to obtain the FSSAI registration?
- Individual needs to submit the Form A which can be downloaded from the FSSAI license online site for acquiring the FSSAI license to the food and safety department.
- The application can be dejected or accepted within seven dates from the date of the submission of the application
- In the event the application is being accepted, the department will issue a registration certificate which will bear the registration number along with the photo of the candidate.
- It is mandatory for the food business organization to display the certificate in their business place
For applying for the registration, the application will need to acquire the Form A and will need to fill it up and submit along with a photo id proof, proof of possession, Certificate of Incorporation, list of food and the safety management plan.