Roofing is an essential building element that has to bear heavy wind flow as well as a severe climatic condition like snowfall, fierce sun, and rain. Due to these frequent effects on the roofing system of the building, the material chosen for the order must be durable. Therefore, to build a sustainable roofing system, out of all the available roofing material in the market, SS roofing is the best and wise option.
SS Roofing in Boston has a significant tear and tensile strength, which are powerful engineering properties of the roofing material to resist wind force. Also, these materials have anti-corrosive properties, which makes the roof durable.
Care Should Be Taken While Roofing
Whether you have to renovate your roof or to install a new roofing system in the residential as well as a commercial building, if you are going with the SS roofing system, you must ensure to take some care to build a sustainable roofing system.
- Steel has a more excellent value of the thermal coefficient of expansion (commonly known as alpha coefficient). Due to this property, any structure made of steel must have material uniformity between primary members and their connections. For this, the links used in the SS roofing system must be of stainless steel.
- It is not viable to use welding as a connection in the case of an SS roofing system, so it must be avoided. The better idea is to use either bolted or recited connection.
- Purlin has a more significant role to play in any roofing system, so it must be design and proof check by an experienced professional in the field.
- Although stainless steel has higher resistance against moisture, the design of drainage, particularly the slope, must be active, which can easily pass the water through it.
- If the column is not of structural steel material, the base plate should be well established on the column with the proper insertion of bolts using grouting material.
These are some essential care that is to be taken during the installation of SS roofing in Boston.
Advantages of SS roofing
SS roofing system has an edge on any other roofing system due to several reasons. Some of the significant purposes are listed below.
- It has excellent tear and shear strength. Shear strength comes from a higher degree of tensile strength, which is essential to bear heavy wind load.
- Due to the higher anti-corrosive property, the SS Roofing System in Boston can resist fierce sun and heavy rain simultaneously.
- The most important benefits are that around seventy percent of scrap can be reused in the case of the SS roofing system. It makes repair and renovation affordable.
- There is negligible maintenance during its life in the case of the SS roofing system. It makes SS roofing the best and cheap option in the long term, i.e., you can afford a little higher initial cost if you think it as a long- term investment.