If you’re planning to move to another country for work or educational purposes, it is really important that you understand how immigration works and what procedures are involved. This process can be a little overwhelming, therefore it is always advisable to consult a reputable migration and immigration consultant. These consultancy firms help their clients through the entire process, while making sure that all your documents are complete. They also help in acquiring all the necessary permits to make your move to another country as smooth as possible.
While looking for an immigration agent, make sure they are registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).
Role Of An Immigration Consultant
A qualified immigration consultant will make the process of moving to another country as much easy for you as possible. They will assist you in the following ways-
- Preparing your visa application and guide you through the process
- Preparing documents related to your visa sponsorship
- Representing you at court proceedings
- Communicating with government agencies during the application process
- Providing you with all available options of immigrating
However, no agent can change the processing period or give 100% assurance of a visa. If they do, remember not to get your hopes too high, as it is not possible for any immigration agent to give that sort of a guarantee.
An immigration consultant provides various visa options that you may require to immigrate. Discuss with your agent what works best for you. They will inform you about the requirements for different categories of visas. Some of the categories for visas are:
- Employer Sponsored Visas- These include Temporary Skill Shortage Visa, Temporary Business Sponsorship visa, Regional Employer sponsored visa and many more. Each of them has different pre-requisites that will determine if you are eligible or not.
- Skilled Visas- These visas are for people who will bring their skills and contribute to the economy. These include Graduate Temporary visa, Skilled Visas for PR, Regional Visas to name a few. If you apply for a skilled workers visa, you can apply for a PR and work on temporary basis on a work visa.
- Business Visas- Immigration based on a business visa is very tricky. Therefore, it is hard to determine your chance of fulfilling the requirements. State nomination is required before applying under this category.
- Family Visas- These include Partner visa, Parent visa, Child visa and Relative visa. Immigration agents will assist you and your family to move in and out of the country.
- Student Visas- An immigration consultant will assist you with admissions, application process and renewal of student visa. A student visa allows you to study in a foreign recognized university full-time. Another category of visa is the student guardian visa. This visa allows the guardian of an international student under the age of 18 on a student visa to stay in the country.
- Visitor Visa- This visa lets you visit the country for business purposes. This visa is applicable for 1 year and lets the applicant stay up to 3 months for every visit.
- Work and Holiday Visas- The work and holiday visa allows the applicant who is at least 18 years of age but not more than 30 to work and vacation in the country for up to 1 year. It is applicable for those who do not have a dependent child with them during any visit to the country.
While applying for immigration, always consider taking assistance of an immigration consultant, as they will guide you through the lengthy process and help you understand your options. With increasing strictness in the immigration policies of different countries, you should always take help from a registered and qualified consultant in the field.