In this article, we will guide you to update the NETGEAR Firmware using NETGEAR Genie software. Well, a ‘firmware’ is a ‘software program’ that is permanently fixed into a hardware device such as video cards, hard drive, and keyboards. It is perfectly programmed to give permanent and valuable instructions to communicate with other WiFi devices and perform basic output and input tasks.
Also, make sure that you are using NETGEAR Smart Genie Setup on your PC and the latest version of modem.
- Open the software ‘NETGEAR Genie’ and click on ‘Router Settings’.
- On the settings page of your NETGEAR router, type the username and password by default. If the login credentials are not working, it simply means that you have changed the details from the configuration page of router. To get rid of such issues, call the tech support immediately on toll-free number 1-888-829-5515.
- In order to access the router administration page, you have to connect your router physically and properly with the computer or laptop.
- After logging in successfully, you will be redirected to the ‘wireless settings of your router. Don’t forget to place your device openly in a neat, clean, dry, and airy room.
- Click on the arrows that are situated on the top-right corner in order to see the tab for ‘router update’.
- Once you have hit the ‘router update’ tab, click on the ‘next’ button to check the availability for your router’s firmware. Remember, your router supposed to be placed far away from cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, etc.
Note: These interference creating obstructions would never let you to complete the process of NETGEAR Router Setup and access routerlogin.net.
- Now, NETGEAR Genie will automatically detect the new firmware available for your router.
- Click on the message ‘A New Firmware Upgrade is Available’.
- Now, it the ‘next’ button. After hitting it, the genie will say that firmware check is completed successfully. After that, it will provide you step by step instructions on how to update the firmware of your device timely.
- It will now open a web browser that will show you the Router Login page. After logging into the settings page of router successfully, click on the message ‘a router firmware update is available’ to ‘initiate’ the process of router’s update. Your device will now attempt to connect to NETGEAR servers to collect a secured information about the new firmware recently installed.
- Click ‘yes’ to proceed with the firmware update. Your device will automatically download the new firmware and proceed with uploading it. Once the process of NETGEAR Firmware gets completed, the router will be automatically rebooted.
- You can now see the latest firmware version loaded on your router that will be on the top-right corner of the page.
In case the above-mentioned points don’t work for you, then don’t delay in calling our tech support team. You can also ask them for instant help for issues related to mywifiext routerlogin.net, firmware of your device, and NETGEAR Smart Genie Setup.