These days, it’s no longer necessary to enroll in Utah real estate continuing education classes at a brick-and-mortar facility. In most cases, you can receive all of the in-depth online education and training needed to begin your career as a Utah real estate agent or broker or continue down that career path and expand your resume. However, you might be wondering what some of your continuing education options are in the real estate field, so let’s take a look at some of the things you can do from the comfort of your very own home.
Why Take Utah Real Estate Continuing Education Courses Online?
Before diving into the different continuing education options for those out there in the real estate sector, it’s important to understand some of the benefits of taking your continuing real estate education online. Some of the leading benefits of enrolling in online continuing education courses to expand your real estate skills is that:
- You Can Review Material at Your Convenience: One of the leading reasons online continuing education is beneficial is because you can review the course material at your convenience. You can always work at your own pace and connect with an instructor whenever you have questions.
- Maintain a Flexible Schedule: If you’re busy with family or other responsibilities, adhering to a set schedule when it comes to continuing your real estate education can be tough. That’s why online real estate schools are designed to adapt to your schedule. You can take classes when it’s easy to focus and you feel most comfortable.
- Study Where You Want: Do you want to obtain a Utah real estate license? No problem. With online real estate continuing education, you can study and prepare for your exam even if you’re not necessarily living in that locale.
What Are Some of the Most Common Continuing Education Courses Offered?
In addition to the more traditional real estate education courses, like pre-license training classes and broker courses, there are a host of different continuing education courses offered online. These run the gamut from everything from home inspection to contract management, and some of the most popular ones are:
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Fair Housing Strategies
- Walkthrough Inspections
- The Difference Between Loan Fraud & Creative Financing
- An Agent’s Guide to Home Warranty Contracts
- An Agent’s Guide to Settlement
- Credit Scores: What Your Clients Need to Know
- Contract Law
- Fair Housing Laws
- Utah Property Management
- Utah Office Procedure
- Agency & Ethics
- & More!
How to Choose the Best Utah Real Estate Continuing Education Course Online
There can be a lot of choices out there when it comes to continuing real estate education in Utah, so determining the best one for you can often be easier said than done. However, there are some key characteristics of quality online real estate schools you can look for.
- Choose a School with Experience in the Industry: One of the most important aspects of selecting the right online real estate school for your continuing education is choosing one that has industry experience, and a long track record of success. Selecting a school with teachers who offer hands-on industry experience is essential for your training.
- A Clear Track Record: When selecting the right online real estate school, don’t just take their word for things. Even if they maintain a stellar track record, it’s still important to do a bit of background research. Most real estate schools will be happy to offer references and put you in touch with past students, in addition to providing you with data about the passing rates and success of prior students.
- Choose a Course that Offers Real Experience: These days, even with online continuing education courses, you should still be able to receive the hands-on training and experience you need to excel in the real estate industry. This means you should look for courses that not only have a virtual classroom component but also one-on-one interaction with teachers and industry experts.
- Try a Sample Class: Many online real estate training schools these days let prospective new students audit a class to see whether it’s the right fit for them. Finding a school that will let you test out a class before agreeing to anything is a great way to get a feel for how the teachers work, as well as the seriousness of the peers that will be in class with you.
Before You Go…
Before you go, if you’re wondering where to start when it comes to getting a real estate license in Utah, there are a host of resources, such as pre-licensing courses and other training solutions to get you one step closer to your goal. Once you’re an agent, you can then think about becoming a certified broker to create your own Utah real estate brokerage…the sky’s the limit!