Landscaping the garden, the right way is every gardener’s dream. And that is why the importance of pavements and pavers comes up so highlighted before enthusiasts. Paving a garden is a much important task and part of gardening. There are many reasons behind that. While paving the garden the right knowledge of pavers, the idea of what to choose, how to use etc, is of utmost importance.
Pavers come in various shapes and sizes, and above all in various materials. Concrete and stone, both are popular choices in pavers, but stone pavers are better due to longevity. Again, in stone, you get several popular choices. Travertine, granite, slate, marble, cobblestone, soapstone etc are popular choices. But then again for being economic, concrete pavers also have a good fan following.
Why Use Pavers in Garden:
There are several good reasons to decorate a garden and give definition to the area with pavers, and here they are:
- A garden would get visitors, maintenance, and you of course as the gardener. therefore, a proper path to walk around the garden, move and explore, reach corners and centers, and all parts where important plants beds and trees are, is important. To travel in and out and through the garden in such an eco-friendly way so that the garden grasses, the soil, the plant beds and foliage, nothing is disturbed; you need a proper walking path. Nothing can be better than a pavement made of pavers that takes all the foot traffic and yet stays on and makes you feel comfortable.
- Gardens yearn for aesthetics. And pavers always add to it. The right color and design and shape in pavers can add that extra bling to the garden to make the area smiling. Moreover, the pavement proves to visitors that the place is well maintained and designed thoughtfully for walking and relaxing, and yet not disturbing the nature.
- After a routine watering of plants, or a drenching rain shower, the soil may get muddy and pools of water may appear here and there. To avoid stepping on puddles and make things messy and also uncomfortable a paved way is a great relief. Pavers are elevated and don’t get puddles or mud on them. Hence walking on a pavement keeps your feet dry and also let the puddles sit and dry with time.
Types of Pavers:
Choice in pavers gives you a lot of options. Travertine, concrete, soapstone, marble, all are good for pavers in one or more ways and are chosen as per the requirement. If you are looking for economic solutions, then concrete comes first. But travertine and graphite kind of materials are good for durability.
Here are the features at a glance of some of the most commonly chosen paver materials:
- Sandstone pavers are good as they come in a variety of colors. They are easy to install too, but they blotch with time.
- Slate pavers are good and bring attractive look, but they are not great for gardens as they get damaged with moisture.
- Granite is one of the toughest materials and last longer, but they are expensive. Also, granite pavers come in a lot of colors. But installation of granite pavement takes time.
- Limestone is also a good choice, but you should be sure that your area doesn’t get acid rain, or else the pavers would be damaged.
To set pavers in your garden, you need to call a gardening and landscaping expert, who would inspect the area, garden, land, soil type, pavement size, and then suggest the right kind of paver for you in your budget. The pavers chosen should meet the landscape as the beauty is the only thing to meet the eye.