There can be N number of reasons for why you won’t be able to visit the router’s default login page. And this becomes a huge trouble when you wish to:
- Get access to the router admin page.
- Setup a new router or extender.
- To access your router’s settings.
- Wireless networking setup and configuration.
The most common causes of this issue are the browser cache and the IP conflictions. But worry not, just read this post thoroughly and we are assured that after doing this you will be able to resolve this issue of your own. This is because the information that we are providing in this post is gathered by our experts from the solutions provided in the Netgear community. So you can completely rely on this information and troubleshooting tips about routerlogin.net.
Basic Troubleshooting steps for default Routelogin not working
If you’re unable to visit the router login page to set up your new router then start with these basic troubleshooting tips:
- Try different cables and different Ethernet ports
If you have extra cables then try them. Sometimes there is impairment within these cables due to which setup issues arise. Also, if you’re pursuing a hardwired router set up then try utilizing the different Ethernet ports.
- reset the router prior to the setup
Before initiating the Netgear router setup process, it is advisable to reset the router. You can use a paper clip or pin to reach the reset button in the tiny reset hole. Pressing the reset button for 10 seconds will be sufficient for a successful reset.
- Reset and Reboot the modem
The issue can also be from the modem’s side. Hence resetting and rebooting the modem can also be tried. For rebooting the modem simply restart it after the reset.
- Restarting the computer, browser and checking the firewall settings:
Sometimes restarting the computer and the web browser solves this issue. Also, ensure that the firewall settings are compatible with the router’s settings.
So these are all the basic troubleshooting tips that you can follow, however, if these tips don’t offer the needed help, then go to the advanced troubleshooting section stated underneath.
Advance troubleshooting for default Router Login not working
These are the advance troubleshooting tips for your default router login issues:
- The first step is to ensure that you’re using the correct Netgear router default IP address, username, and the password. The default router login address is routerlogin.net, the username is “admin” and the password is “Password”.
“Tip: If you have changed the by default credentials then these credentials will no longer work. Contact the Netgear Support in that case.”
- If you’re receiving an error or failure attempts while accessing the default router login address then chances are high that your web browser is outdated and/or is not functioning properly. Here are the tips to troubleshoot the browser for an optimum performance:
- Clear the cache of your Browser. There are different steps for different browsers, contact the support of the browser that you are using.
- Update it to the latest version if required.
- Time and date settings should be proper.
- Disable any VPN services and make the firewall settings compatible with the router.
- The next tip is to use the IP address 192.168.1.1 instead of the routerlogin.net. If this IP address doesn’t work for you then contact the Netgear router support.
- Establish a hard wire connection using the Ethernet cable to avoid intermittent connectivity or unwanted interruptions. Also, try using a different access device (different laptop, desktop).
- Temporarily disable all the pop-up blockers, firewalls or any other blocking software for the time span of setup. Also, check the Netgear router firmware, and update it if required.
- If nothing works, then attempt a factory reset of the router. But you must be aware that after resetting the router you will lose all of your personalized settings including username, password, network name, and the settings. After the reset, you have to again go through the Netgear Router Installation process.